.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, November 04, 2006

 

Ted Haggard dismissed from New Life Church

The leadership of the New Life Church issued a statement regarding Rev. Haggard. Apparently, the revelations continued and his offenses were such that remaining on the staff was impossible. Reading between the lines, I suspect the overseers determined that the offense was not an isolated event and was of such a nature that they believe some kind of lengthy process of restoration is in order. Most Christian churches will go a long way with a minister to effect reconciliation and given his standing and service there, I suspect he will be given many opportunities to figure out where things went wrong.

There is an almost crushing grief that I, and many others, feel for him and his family.

Comments:
The message here is that modern society is so debased that hyprocracy is the only true sin. If this man performed gay 'marriages' no one would care about him cheating on his wife with another person and engaging in sodomy.
 
His letter to his church skirts around the major issues, but it sounds as if he's a closeted gay man.
 
CK would love it so simple. People are either gay or straight in her mind. I think things are more complex. The man probably truly does have attraction to women. He also truly does have attraction to men. Sometimes he is much more attracted to men and so he slips and falls. If he were perfect he would be faithful to his wife. But since he isn't he sins and he asks for forgiveness. Pray for the man. Dr. I would like you to comment on this.
 
He could be bisexual or he could be a homosexual man who fell in love, wanted a family and put on the good show. Lord knows there are thousands of gay men who have done the same. I was married to a woman I loved very much. We had children. I loved them very much. But I had no sexual attraction towards women. None. Nada. Zip.

I had to think of naked men in order to have an orgasm with my wife. I couldn't stand lying to her each time we made love. I was having a affair while holding her. The mental and emotional energy it took to live the double life eventually caused me to have a mental breakdown, which was the beginning of being honest and whole. I now accept myself as a gay Christian man and I have no need to lie anymore to myself or anyone else. The sin is lying and adultery, not his sexual orientation.
 
Interesting that anonymous knows what is in my mind. I think things are "more complex" than leaping to conclusions from one comment...
 
Anon don't know you too well, CK.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?